Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Mastercam Direct Not Starting From Autodesk Inventor

SomeoneKnows

When I try starting Mastercam Direct from Autodesk Inventor 2013 using the Add-Ins tab, I get the error "Cannot find Mastercam executable". From Inventor's "Environments" tab I selected Manage -> Add-Ins -> Applications, the "Mastercam Direct for Inventor" selection shows Automatic/Loaded and is using for the location value: C:\Program Files\mcamx6\direct\MCInventorAddin.dll.

What am I missing that prevents MasterCAM Direct from starting Mastercam X6?.

When I try starting Mastercam Direct from Autodesk Inventor 2013 using the Add-Ins tab, I get the error "Cannot find Mastercam executable". From Inventor's "Environments" tab I selected Manage -> Add-Ins -> Applications, the "Mastercam Direct for Inventor" selection shows Automatic/Loaded and is using for the location value: C:\Program Files\mcamx6\direct\MCInventorAddin.dll.

What am I missing that prevents MasterCAM Direct from starting Mastercam X6?.

The Autodesk 2013 convertor is not setup to run in McamX6 MU2, currently you will need to save the file in a parasolid format, step file should allow you to open the file.

Also you may want to choose a different font color.

As far as MCDirect goes, the addin will look in "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\CNC Software,Inc." in the Registry to determine where Mastercam is installed. Check that first to see if that Registry key has a string named "Directory". The error you're reporting will be thrown when that string does not contain the name of your Mastercam install folder.

And here's a correction to what CJep added:

if you have Inventor 2013 installed, you can import Inventor 2013 parts/assemblies into X6. Likewise, you can download the free InventorView 2013 program from Autodesk if you don't have Inventor itself installed.

There've been several bugs logged against importing 2013 files into Mastercam when using InventorView 2013, but Autodesk has fixed them in a Service Pack, so be sure to use "InventorView 2013 SP1.1". Here's a link to it:

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/pc/item?siteID=123112&id=20462274. Again, this is for Mastercam users who have to import Inventor files but don't have a seat of Inventor installed.

Questions... feel free...