Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

MPLMaster canned cycle question

jeff

Jeff,

Those edits are in the formatting section of the post, not difficult but a bit convoluted,....

Are you only going to use G73 with this post, do you need to use this post for another machine?

These are the variables that control the address for the G73 canned output,....

fmt "U" 2 depthcc

fmt "R" 2 clearcc

fmt "U" 2 xstckcc

fmt "W" 2 zstckcc

The "2" in the sequence is what controls the output format,....

fs2 1 0.7 0.6 #Decimal, absolute, 7 place, default for initialize

fs2 2 0.4 0.3 #Decimal, absolute, 4/3 place <<<< this here is setting the decimal

fs2 3 0.4 0.3d #Decimal, delta, 4/3 place

fs2 16 0 4 0 3t #No decimal, absolute, 4 trailing <<<< to get no decimal output you need a format statement more like this

You notice that the depth is being set to "U" in the address variables,....

Do a search for "depthcc" and you will find that it is being reset by "strd",....

#Lathe canned cycle old style conversion

result = nwadrs (strd, depthcc)

Jeff one of the things I have done in the past is creating new fs statements as needed or converting an unused one for the output required.

Also take note of the output for the G73 variables,.... the MplMaster uses a buffer table for the output "breaking" the buffer table is easier than some may think.

If this post is specific to one machine I would probably change the address in the format variable then "pound out" # the strd line that changes the address.

side note: didn't you have a dude dancing in his fruit of looms for your avatar?

Jeff one of the things I have done in the past is creating new fs statements as needed or converting an unused one for the output required.

Also take note of the output for the G73 variables,.... the MplMaster uses a buffer table for the output "breaking" the buffer table is easier than some may think.

If this post is specific to one machine I would probably change the address in the format variable then "pound out" # the strd line that changes the address.

side note: didn't you have a dude dancing in his fruit of looms for your avatar?

Yes, I did, I changed it because Jammer kept getting too excited :p

This post is specific to 2 machines (identical controls).

fmt "U" 2 depthcc <<<< this format sets the address to "U" for the depthcc output

#Lathe canned cycle old style conversion

result = nwadrs (strd, depthcc) <<<< this changes that "U" address to "D" when you use the "old style" G73 canned in the post