Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Need help setting up my probe

Bob W.

I have two Makinos here, an A51nx that I have had for about a year and a new PS95 that I just took delivery of last week. On the A51 I use the Makino control side for tool offsets so the values are transferred to the 1st offset in the Fanuc side via a M56 call. My post is set up to output H1 D2 for the tool offsets. When setting tools using my probe the values appear to be input into the Makino side. I would like to PS95 to work this way.

Currently on the PS95 the tool offsets appear to be input into the Fanuc side under the respective tool number. If I set the length of tool 15 using the tool setter (OTS) the value in the Makino side remains zero and the length offset in the Fanuc side is set under tool 15. Anyone know how to change this to work like my A51? I plan to call PQI monday but I really need to get some work done this weekend.

Thanks,

Bob

A little late for Saturday work... If I had to make a guess, I would say that your new machine does not have the same Control Software/Options as your first machine. Toyoda has similar options on their machines; it's called OP Supporter and it's not just a "Turn On" option. Something I would look at first though is the Keep Relay list. On our Matsuura's we have the option to use Matsuura's Tool LIfe Management or FANUC's Tool Life Management. With Matsuura, we use H#517 and D#517 and that is set in the Keep Relays which TLM to use.

Just something to look at.

Thanks for the reply. A few things are different about this machine. It was a demo machine so the probe had already been installed by PQI when the machine was in Los Angeles. It also has the Fanuc 0M based control vs the Fanuc 31 control of the other machine. I went ahead and modified my post so I am no longer using H1 D2 but ultimately that is what I am after. I only have 400 offsets on the Fanuc side but the Makino side will allow me 9999 tools and offsets. I can't store offset values permanently that isn't really what I am after anyways. I will be calling PQI first thing tomorrow morning.

The Makino will transfer offset values from the Makino to the Fanuc side with a M56 command in the tool change macro. I just need to figure out how to get the probe to write the measured values into the Makino side offsets, or maybe come up with a macro program that will do it..

Bob,

This is the macro I use to transfer probing data to the makino side. This is for a Pro 3 so hopefully it will work.

Mike

O8052(CUSTOM SIDE OFFSET UPDATE)

(TRANSFER OFFSET TO CUSTOM SIDE)

(RE-WRITTEN MJG 7/28/12)

(T INDICATES TOOL OFFSET TO UPDATE ON CUSTOM SIDE)

(A INDICATES MAXIMUM INCRIMENTAL OFFSET UPDATE. DEFAULT IS .02)

(M INDICATES OFFSET UPDATE MULTIPLIER. DEFAULT IS 1. MAX IS 2.00)

(ALWAYS SET HEIGHT PROBING DATA TO OFFSET NO. 199)

(ALWAYS SET RADIOUS PROBING DATA TO OFFSET NO. 200)

(OFFSETS 199 AND 200 ARE CLEARED AFTER TRANSFER)

N1

IF[#1LT.0002]GOTO2

GOTO3

N2

#1=.02(SETS DEFAULT MAXIMUM UPDATE)

N3

IF[#13EQ#0]GOTO4

IF[#13LT1.]GOTO5

IF[#13GT1.]GOTO5

N4

#13=1.(SET TO DEFAULT MULTIPLIER)

N5

IF[#13GT2.]GOTO103

IF[#20LT1.]GOTO101

IF[#10199LT-#1]GOTO102

IF[#10200GT#1]GOTO102

IF[#10199LT-#1]GOTO102

IF[#10200GT#1]GOTO102

(TOOL LENGTH INCREMENTAL OFFSET UPDATE TO CUSTOM)

#100=[#10199*#13]

#109=#20

M922

M920

G4P50(ALLOW FOR NEW VARIABLE READ)

(TOOL RADIUS INCREMENTAL OFFSET UPDATE TO CUSTOM)

#100=[#10200*#13]

#109=#20

M922

M921

#10199=0(CLEARS H UPDATE VALUE)

#10200=0(CLEARS D UPDATE VALUE)

G08P1

M99

Called PQI and the fix was dead simple. The command G151 T1 will send the offset to register 1 in the Fanuc side every time and this solved the problem. I had been setting my tools using G151 only, which is how I do it on my A51. I hard coded my tool setting macro (9011) by adding #20=1 to the top and it is now permanent. Off to the races, thanks for the help.

Bob

Jeez Bob, a new a51, a 5th axis for it, and now a shiny new PS95. Are you dealing drugs over there or something? ;)

Congrats on another bitchin new machine. cheers.gif

Some people like cars, I like machines :-) Actually, I have a small shop that is on my property next to my house and I have one employee. We are pretty efficient and the overhead is low. These machines allow us to be very capable and very lean. These sure produce some heat though. I usually have to run AC in the winter to keep the shop below 80. This is when it is raining and I can't open the doors. Shop is only 1200 square feet...