Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

External Rotary Axis

FLOBOTMASTER

Hey guys,

I'm new here. Just to give a little background, I've been using Mastercam for the past couple of years but not for the traditional "machining" purposes it was designed around. Instead I use Robotmaster add in for 7 axes robots in the thermal spray industry.

So my question is pretty simple but I cant seem to find what I'm looking for. In backplot you can simulate rotary on an axis. Where is the setting to change the axis you would like to rotate around? Any help would be appreciated.

Nice! Hey Jon. I didn't know you guys were on here. I'm trying to change the simulation axis on backplot. Right now it rotates about X and I want to change it to Z. I looked in the toolpath parameters under axis combination, at the bottom of the tree, and this is what I'm seeing. (Attached) Is this where you are talking about? Unfortunately it's all grayed out.

rotary issue

FLOBOTMASTER,

Depending on what path you are using, there may be options in the path. For example, if you are using Curve 5 Axis, there is an option under Tool Axis Control called "Backplot Rotary Axis". Changing that will control what axis is used in the backplot. This option isn't available for all paths.

Dave

hey Ryan - welcome to the forum!

In the case that it's not in the toolpath, I believe the setting is in the machine definition, although I really wouldn't recommend messing with the rotary settings to activate that option. To tell you the truth most Robotmaster users don't use the mastercam backplot simulation but for you it makes sense given your rotary table with the robot.

Dave,

Hey, this is Ryan from CWST in E Windsor. You know, I dug a little more and found this (attached) I primarily use parallel to multiple curves, as it solves most of our motion requirements. I do know the parameter you speak of in Curve 5 Axis. When I was talking to Tyler a few weeks back he mentioned there is a place where you can alter the parameter. I believe this might be it. What do you think? Haha, speak of the devil.

Rotary Specs