Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Custom Drill Parameters question.

I wasnt sure how to word this in the topic so I apologize.

When setting up custom drill parameters, will these be the same across all drill cycles or does each drill cycle have a set of 10 custom drill parameters available?

Each cycle can also use the Custom Drill Parameters page to access an additional ten numeric variables if needed.

How are they called for each individual cycle? I think that I am misunderstanding something.

[drill custom param 2]
1. "2-Drill parameter #1" drl_prm1
2. "2-Drill parameter #2" drl_prm2

and so on for one of the cycles. This using drill cycle 2 which is peck.

My confusion is how are the post variables defined for the other cycles? I dont see this information in the post book. Maybe I am looking in the wrong spot?

IIRC

drl1_prm1 for custom custom cycles

drl1_prm2

drl1_prm3

and so on....

It will read those for every cycle

In the post/control section, you'd set the names of boxes that you want, then read those values out as needed.

So custom cycle 1 could have different input boxes from say custom 2 but you would be reading the same variable when using the different cycles

You would just need to address them and handle them based on the differing custom cycles

IIRC

drl1_prm1 for custom custom cycles

drl1_prm2

drl1_prm3

and so on....

It will read those for every cycle

In the post/control section, you'd set the names of boxes that you want, then read those values out as needed.

So custom cycle 1 could have different input boxes from say custom 2 but you would be reading the same variable when using the different cycles

You would just need to address them and handle them based on the differing custom cycles

excellent. that is exactly what I wanted to know. I was just having a hard time wording my question.

thanks!