Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Optimizing Cutter Compensation

CRowland

I am working with version 7.2c level one, most of the work we do is flat profile work using off left in the cutter comp check boxes. The problem I have is that when I optimize cutter compensation the program posted out has radii moves that are only .001 larger than the radius of the cutter. Is there a way I can increase the size of the radii or convert it automatically into simple strait line moves in the posted program

Thanks in advance,

Clayton

I dont think it matters if computer or controller compensation are turned on in yer parameters page, There should be a demo/tutorial file that covers Optimizing cutter compensation. Oh yea ,Use the on line help avaliable to you.Click the small question mark "top right corner of yer dialog boxs" & drag over to the data fields for more info.It very useful.

Kenneth Potter

If you use cutter comp in control and not in the computer, with the optimize function off mastercam will program to put a .5 tool in a .380 slot. It will argue a bit, but it will do it, were as if the optimize function is on, it will remove as much material as it can with the size tool that you have. The problem I am having is that when it optimizes it puts in arc moves that are the only .001 or .0015 larger than the radius of the tool. Since we have older machines here some of them don't like making radius moves that are that small IE a .001 radius as the control would see it, If it were bigger say .010 or .015 bigger then I would not have this trouble. The only way I can get buy with it at present is to tell mastercam that the tool is .015 larger than it actually is and then the rad. in the programs will be .0165 or so larger than the rad of the tool and there are no problems. This works fine but I thought there might be an easier way to get around it.

Thanks,

Clayton