Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

mastercam + inventor files from different computer

riverracer

running mc x6mu2 on one computer station and running autocad inventor lt 2013 on another station. both running win7x64.

which add-on do i need to install on the mc station to be able to use the inventor solid?

"Direct Conv. - Mastercam X6 Direct for Autodesk Inventor 64-bit" or "X6 Translator Update - Autodesk Inventor View 2013 x64"

or anything else i need to do?

thanks

You need to go the "InventorView" route...installing InventorView 2013 (make sure you get their service pack - I think it's "SP1.1") on a computer which has Mastercam installed will enable you to open Inventor 2013 files inside Mastercam. I'm not completely sure the link on mastercam.com is the SP (I'll check), but you can get it directly from Autodesk at http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/pc/item?siteID=123112&id=20462274 . It's free, and will also allow you to view Inventor parts on that computer.

The "Direct" tool is an Inventor addin that adds a toolbar button there....but it is merely a simple "load-the-current-Inventor-part-into-a-new-session-of-Mastercam" pipeline for people who have both on the same computer. You don't get anything more in the Mastercam session than you would get by simply launching Mastercam and opening the IPT or IAM file there.