Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Macro help

Agreed! this is what I have been looking at. if you are familiar with monarch VMC RT machines. I'm looking at setting this machine up to probe the center of a part to set a work offset in variables and then use this to program a macro that will calculate the actual position of holes to be drilled on the part (equally spaced) so that I don't have to manipulate a 5,000lb work piece. I'm hoping this works.

No I have to buy it. and standard software will not deal with this. instead of having a XY table. it just has a massive rotary table. so its Y and C positioning. with W and Z. I've been talking with our reseller and they say that in x7 it will have the probing capablities and so long as the machine def post etc is correct I won't have any problems probing the part. I just have zero experiance writting macros.

Is this a Renishaw probe? I don't have much experience with other brands but I would DEFINATELY get the inspection plus macros. The amount of time you'll spend getting something working AND reliable is going to cost way more than the $1000 set of macros.

Edit: Y,C I'm pretty sure inspection plus can handle this.

Mike

• Like 1

Renishaw said they'd have to modify their software for aprox 1500-2k$ they also say it will handle this. So now it is just going to be getting it set up and getting our macro to work as intended.

If its only that much I would pay them to do it, you will spend more money in labor for yourself to try and learn macros (and even more if you smash a probe), and then write macros for a probe. Basic macros are one thing, but using machine parameters, and the math, and safety calculations for probing are not for the beginning user. I would never attempt to write probing code if its already available, and I have been writing macros for years.