Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Sending subs to machine

johnner

Im trying to learn all the options for sending sub programs to a Mori-Seiki Dura center 5 (vertical mill), are control is hard wired to a PC, theres no floppy drive or flash drive.

Right now the procedure is to:

1) get the control ready to recieve

2) walk across the shop to the PC, open the sub program in are DNC software and hit send.

3) walk back to the machine get the control ready to recieve

4) walk back to the PC, open the next sub program in the DNC software and hit send

If you have 12 subs, you have to repeat the process 12 times (CRAZY) other brands that Ive used have several options for sending sub programs.

ex.

internal subs:

G54

M97 P1001

M97 P1002

M30

N1001

G0 G90 X.5 Y.5 M3 S1000

G1 X10.

M99

N1002

G0 G90 X.5 Y.5 M3 S1000

G1 X10.

M99

external subs:

G54

M98 P1001

M98 P1002

M30

O1001

G0 G90 X.5 Y.5 M3 S1000

G1 X10.

M99

O1002

G0 G90 X.5 Y.5 M3 S1000

G1 X10.

M99

I would like to use both internal and external options, the Mori-Seiki will not read the M97, it gives me a alarm, M97 is already used as a macro in the control.

With other machines there are so many options for sending programs, you can take all the subs put them in a folder and send the folder to the machine!

any help would be appreciated

If you stich all tthe files into one (copy and paste) then send it should work.

So you have one percent sign at the begining and one at the end.

Fanucs also have a parameter that indicates the end of tape can be set to M30 M99 M02 or percent.

The control sees the % sign as the end of the tape and stops the input, hence your sneeker net.

The software Ray speeks of is for the newer controls pro 5, with ethernet, so using serial it will not help IIRC.

Hi Newbie,

Thats the procedure I always use for Fanucs, I post out all my tool pathes (subs) into Cimco editor, write main program theres a % sign at the beginning and end and then I save everything under a file name.

When I send the file to the control it reads the first "O" that it comes to and thats all it will take, Im not sure if its the DNC software or the control, the control looks like its pretty old.

Ive used the procedures below for years but its not working for the Mori.

For external subs I give the main and subs an "O" name and use M98 send the file to the control and when you go to the program list in the control there all listed seperately (external).

for internal subs I give the main "O" name and for the subs I use a "N" instead of a "O" and a M97 in the main, send the file to control and when go to the program list in the control theres one program with all the subs and the main (internal) in both formats theres a % sign at the beginning and the end.

Hi Newbie,

Thats the procedure I always use for Fanucs, I post out all my tool pathes (subs) into Cimco editor, write main program theres a % sign at the beginning and end and then I save everything under a file name.

When I send the file to the control it reads the first "O" that it comes to and thats all it will take, Im not sure if its the DNC software or the control, the control looks like its pretty old.

Ive used the procedures below for years but its not working for the Mori.

For external subs I give the main and subs an "O" name and use M98 send the file to the control and when you go to the program list in the control there all listed seperately (external).

for internal subs I give the main "O" name and for the subs I use a "N" instead of a "O" and a M97 in the main, send the file to control and when go to the program list in the control theres one program with all the subs and the main (internal) in both formats theres a % sign at the beginning and the end.

If you have Cimco DNC-Max check this out http://www.emastercam.com/board/index.php?showtopic=71947

Thanks RayD, that link was helpful I will check to see if everything is configured properly, I did notice that the machine has MAPPS, I checked out the other link you sent me and im really interested in exploring the MAPPS option I think thats the the answer.