Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

O/T Metal Reference

LNDCAD

I have been searching for a Metal Reference Handbook. This is usually a desktop booklet (1/2 page size) that metal vendors used to hand out. It contains all kinds of standard information - steel and aluminum structural shapes and sizes, standard sheet metal sizes, standard bar, plate and round stock sizes (steel, aluminum, brass ...), and seamless mechanical tubing. I have used these everywhere that I worked, but no one had any extra copies. I have tried to get one from steel suppliers, but no one seems to be printing them anymore. Checked on the internet and e-bay - still no luck. Would be willing to purchase a used one, or if there is a site that I could download from, that would be great. Any help would be greatly appreaciated. Thanks for your time.

That is why I have always got 2 copies at palces I have worked and keep one for myself. I would get on the Thomas Register and loook for Metal suppliers call them and ask if any have some they will sell you. There are several sites out there just be patience and keep looking.

Crazy Millman

[ 09-06-2003, 07:43 PM: Message edited by: Millman^crazy ]

Some times you got to go outsdie the normal channels to get what you want. I would call these compaines

Alpha Steel Pipe and Tube 1-800-428-3616

Alantic Stainless 1-800-876-2700

Carolina Specality 1-800-467-5888

Castel Metals 1-800-289-2785 (Great Books)

Parker Steel 1-800-333-4140 (Good Book Metric)

Alro Metals 1-800-432-5101

Copper & Brass Sales 1-800-926-2600

Crucible 1-800-365-1159

Marmon Keystone 1-800-241-8600 (good Book On Mechinal tubing)

Tull Metals dont have a number but I think they have a web site.

Well I hope those help alot are east coast contact so that should hel pyou some.

Crazy millman

I just received a new book from ALRO Steel.

They serve Indiana, Michigan, Ohio and Kentucky.

I notice they have a division called Alro Specialty Metals which lists a service center in Pitssburgh. 412-279-1660

412-279-5955 fax

800-542-0364

It took me quite awhile to get the book, but it was a great improvement over the old book.

I like to deal with them because they don't have a problem selling small lots like many of the bigger companies (think Ryerson, I'm still waiting for an order of 3/8" 4140 from November of 2002, although I long since got it from Alro).

I second one of the previous posts, Parker is good to buy from.