Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

9-11-01 Remembered

Brendan P

I believe the images of Sept 11th will linger in our minds and hearts for as long as we are all alive and have our sences about us. A friend of mine wrote a song to the memories of the people lost that blue sky morning. I have put it up on Jay's FTP site under unspecific uploadsgrim cathedral. It is in .wma (windows media player) format since I don't have the ability to put it into mp3. Maybe someone can do that for us.

Have a listen.

Phil

quote:

I won't be visiting this thread again. It ceased to be respectful a long time ago.

The best way to be respectful of those lost on 9-11 is to make damn certain that such an event never happens again. There are many terrorists still out there that would take as many souls or 100x more tomorrow if the opportunity were to present itself. There are also people in our own government that do not feel that the United States should be able to defend its own sovereignty. Presidential candidates state openly that if they were president they would gladly delegate the responsibility of the defense of this nation to a foreign body. Our votes matter more now than ever before, if these people are allowed to take power we will have our freedom defended only at the convenience of countries like France, Germany, Syria, or Saudi Arabia. We should take the opportunity to grieve on this anniversary, and also to redouble our efforts to prevent it from ever happening again. This isn't about partisan politics, its about life or death.

Never forget and never, never forgive,

Clayton

“Extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice, moderation in the pursuit of justice is no virtue." Barry Goldwater

Being a relative newbie myself I never got to vent initially in this forum about 9/11. Didn't want to offend anybody here but it is a little personal for both my wife and I. She went to school with Mark Bingham, (Los Gatos High), and at the Chili's restaurant five blocks away from my house there is a memorial plaque on the wall for a young female employee who slammed into the towers on the first plane. And at the Blockbuster video store on Blossom Hill and Snell in San Jose an employee wears the button with her young niece on it... another close to home victim. It’s not surprising being that almost all the planes were San Fransisco bound. Yes I'm opinionated but almost every day I am reminded not only by the indelible images of those towers falling but also by my immediate surroundings.

NEVER FORGET 9/11 (AND HOW THEY CELEBRATED mad.gif )