Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Wire Question: How can I determine Cut Times?

RazorB

RazorB,

I dont have Mastercam Wire, but I can imagine how hard it must be for it to calculate the time needed to make a cut. It would obviously need to know how fast your machine will move during the cut.

One thing you can do seeing as you are just comparing cut patterns is this...

Set the display parameters for backplot to save as geometry to a seperate level. You can then anylize / contour / chain and you will get the linear length of the toolpath. I would assume that within reason, the shortest result would be the fastest cut.

Someone out there might have a better solution, but this should get you close.

If you need me to explain this better, let me know.

Paul McGarr

Hi CMR,

I have not been able to get any cutting time to display after running the backplot.I deselected the option to associate to library and manually entered a feedrate and thought this might work. Nope.

Mr. McGarr,

Thanks for your suggestion, is works well on simple wirepaths. I tried it on a true spiral no-core and trying to analyze the chain length was beyond my skill level.

Thanks for the Help,

Razor

cmr, can you explain more. did job set up still nothing...

Razor,

Don't know what your running , I'm running Mits. FA20 with wire 9.1. Do like Paul says and analyze either the geom. or the toolpath and divide linear distance by that feedrate in inches.

For instance .500 d-2 plate runs at .160 at 1.0" 1/.160=6.25 minutes.Get's ya close then see what actual rate while running is.

Anybody know where that noisy ars buzzer is on FA20 ? Need the volume muffled...

I have never been to happy with the nocore option in Mastercam, have tried a couple off times were it actelly left stock, that leter enden up in the lower flushcup, I am running Mcam 8.1.1, so maybe this is a solved issue in 9.

midnite, Im also running FA20, and I have never had the buzzer on, hate those things, but were you shut it off............Hmm............will try to find out tommorow.

Lars

Ok, I'm back..sorry I've been absent for a while. About a year-and-a-half ago I was having some trouble with getting times displayed from backplot...If I recall, I rectifed it in the job setup parameters. Unfortunatly I don't remember exactly what the problem was. I've been playing around here trying to remember what the issue was........I'll keep you posted as soon as I get whacked on the head again frown.giftongue.gif

midnite,

Came to the same result as you, can onely turn it on or off, but hey it is a japanese machine it have its limits.

Can still not figure out how 4 foot japanese guy is going to feed the wire manully by ising the white ceramic handle, I am almost 6 foot and I have my problems when the head is in the back of the tank. Maybe the machine comes with a latter in Japan

Lars