Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

O/T - Looking for Frink's 3D Explaination

McRae

There was an episode of the Simpsons where Frink explains to the audience the third dimension, I haven't had success in looking thru google and finding an active link to it. Would some one be kind enough to send it along to me as I would like to use it in a presentation next week...

Our CAD designers are all 2D guys and I want to use this to illustrate a whole new universe!

P.S. Scroll to the end of the previous link for the quotes...or just read on.

Dr. Frink:

quote:

Well, it should be obvious to even the most dim-witted

individual who holds an advanced degree in hyperbolic

topology, n'gee, that Homer Simpson has stumbled into...[the lights go off] the third dimension.

Here is an ordinary square -- -- but suppose we exte-end the square beyond the two dimensions of our universe (along the hypothetical Z axis, there). This forms a three-dimensional object known as a "cube", or "Frinkahedron" in honor of its discoverer, n'hey, n'hey.

And, of course, within, we find the doomed

individual.

I hope I didn't get your back up...

Texas is my second favorite spot to visit - Home being the first... I had a customer from Texas and we had an excellent raport - his comment was, never assume that someone isn't carrying a gun - most people are armed!

I come from a place where carrying a stick over

7-3/4" long is a criminal offence...

Anyway, back on target - anyone have this file available? There is an educational spot that has it but I don't have the password.

Thanks