Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

INC / ABS

justinu

Hey guys,

1st post here. Been using Mastercam for about 1 1/2 yrs. ( 6yrs gibbs cam).

My question is in relation to using the X FORM and VIEW MGR functions . Is there a way to change the distance you move something in a given plane to INC instead of EVERYTHING being in ABS. I find this VERY annoying when moving geom or WCS that i need to do math to know where to put things.

there are a few ways to do it.

1) when you're in xform, just enter in the distance you want to move in the x/y/z box. those boxes are incremental coordinates. (you can also move in incremental polar coordinates while in xform)

or

2) select your first point, then shift+select your next point. this will bring up a box to let you enter incremental coordinates from the selected point. not sure if you can enter incremental polar with this feature. never tried.

does this help?

i need to use this more. seems really cool. i'm so used to the older functionality i forget to try the new tools :/

Yeah, that's a hard trap to avoid :) I can say, once you get used to Xform Dynamic, it's tough to go back.. Having basically 4 tools wrapped up in one is awesome.

Ah, now I see.. When you click, you're "Grabbing" the geometry you want to move. If you hit the green check before you release it, you haven't completed the command, so it's the same as hitting esc or some other cancel.. What you want to do is click to "release" the geometry you've grabbed, and then you can hit the green checkbox (or just double click to accept it).

Edit: You're welcome, I was just in the right place at the right time :)

Th

Ah, now I see.. When you click, you're "Grabbing" the geometry you want to move. If you hit the green check before you release it, you haven't completed the command, so it's the same as hitting esc or some other cancel.. What you want to do is click to "release" the geometry you've grabbed, and then you can hit the green checkbox (or just double click to accept it).

Yupper! Does DYNAMIC WCS work the same way?