Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

integrex b axis position ???

clyde

we have a integrex 300sy everything is posting ok except when i have the b axis at an angle the post puts out a g124 which is not an option on this machine. my best guess is i need a g68.5 and some sort of macro to recalulate the tool end point. i'm hoping there's a simpler way. if some one would be able to sent a sample program section it would help a lot. [email protected]

thanks clyde

The G124 is a macro call that uses the coordinate rotation within itself. I would suggest that you call Mazak applications -or- their local distributor and get the most recent code for this and put it on your machine. It makes programming cleaner and then you don't have to set both a and b in the tool offset register.

thanks for your suggestions. I'm not sure whos post it is , but will try to find out. the integrex is in another building i should be geting over there today to try a few things. we currently have no work for it so i'm trying to learn how to use it to it full potential. i have ask for software up grades for the machine when we bought it (used) about a year ago but it never got off the ground. will try again now that we have some down time.

thanks again

clyde sherbondy

penn state tool and die

Hi Clyde,

Does your Integrex have a "live" B axis? If it's the older style with positioning B, then I would also plug Dave Thompson's post. It's had some pretty solid R&D development. (Harryman's thumbs under overalls suspenders and rocks on heels).

We are at software rev D3. That's the one you want, again assuming positioning B axis.

Figure out if G125 is your coordinate system rotation macro. What ever it is, use it. Don't try to long hand the G68.5 thing.

Welcome to the Forum and Mazawonderland eek.gif .

[ 09-15-2003, 10:26 AM: Message edited by: Harryman ]

software updates look like a must. got the g68.5 working with macros but looks like a crash in the making they call it the "intewrecks" already. i've been using mastercam with mazaks sence v3 but this machine takes mazak headaches it to a new level.

thanks for all your help

clyde

penn state tool and die

quote:

this machine takes mazak headaches it to a new level.

Understood.

The D3 software update does not address the issue of G124 or G125. Yes, you should update to D3 control software. You also need to get the G12X macro. If you

quote:

got the g68.5 working with macros but looks like a crash in the making

invest time in this, you are just reinventing the wheel.

The Dave Thompson post uses G125, and I fixed the Mazak macro to allow its use at B90 to eliminate use of "cross drilling" baggage from live tool gearhead lathe days. Dave has the code. You'd use coordinate system rotation for B89.999 why not at B90?

Happy Integrexing smile.gif

Thanks again for all the suggestions and information. This is the first time I’ve posted a question on the forum (can usually find answers by searching the posts). I don’t feel so alone with these kinds of problems any more.

Who do I contact to purchase “the Dave Thompson integrex post”?

clyde

penn state tool and die