Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Help......Hardinge XV710....4th axis oi-mc control

SledGeek

Have an XV 710 and just found a 4th axis up on a shelf. I have the first page of 9 page control config manual for initial set up . But I don't have the info for enable/disable. Anyone have it? It's an official Hardinge booklet for XV710 and XV1000. Says Document # T-397 on the one and only page I have. This thing is from 2007 and it's never been hooked up. Still bolted down to the shipping pallet! Sweet find tho ! :)

Been 5-6 yrs since i ran 4th on fanuc and that was a 16i. If I remember correctly parameter was 9900 set at 4 and the KEEPRL was K05 and #7 set to 1 ?? Then just power down, hook up cables and power up, turn off write protect and good to go. Any one have info ? Don't really want to get service out here cuz I just spent 2000.00 on another issue with this machine....... :wallbash:

if your into phone conversations (LOL) try calling hardinge they should be able to email you the info you're looking for, im not entirely sure about the oi but can you go to the keep relay bit k5.7 dosent it say a small description at the bottom of the screen? im not sure how hardinge sets up the plc it may not say anything

ENABLING 4th AXIS OPERATION

1.Set Parameter Write to 1(Enable)

2.Set K-bits 2.7and4.7 to"1"

3.Set Parameter 12, bit 7,A=0

4.Set Parameter 1005,bit 7=0

5.Set Parameter Write to 0 (Disable)

6.Power Down

7.Power Up

Hope this helps , I run the same machine, I copied this out of my manual, let me know if you need more more information

yes ,you are correct, I never unhook our 4th axis, I just cut a notch in the top access door beside the window to allow the cabels to pass thru and I slide the 4th axis onto a wheeled cart I made and park it beside the machine when Im not using it.