Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Mazak VTC 250D/50

Thoob

I have a program I am trying to run and for some reason my machine is limiting the feed to 351IPM. X6.The program is set for 495. If I do an MDI move on X or Y, it goes to the 495ipm. The program does not. Even when there is a straight move, it maxes at 351. I have my parameters for velocity set to 797IPM from the default 315, however I don't think this is the problem as my machine can feed that fast in an MDI move without the G61.1 activated. G61.1 is the command for cornering and allowing the machine to bypass the 315 limit. I uploaded the mcx file and the nc program. perhaps someone can chime in and let me know what may be causing it? When it micro lifts the .01 as I have programmed, it travels at the inputted feed which is also 495 so not really sure why its not cutting at that feed. The nc file is in a text format as the site won't allow me to upload an NC or a .rar file.

HALF INCH ENDMILL TEST.MCX-6

HALF INCH ENDMILL TEST.txt

G61.1 and G05 P2 both limit the max federate of the machine AFAIK.

Its not the G61.1. I don't like using that. if I do its just too slow overall. Anyway, yes Joe that was it. I turned my filter ratio on to 2:1 and it worked. Thanks.

AFAYK, you are wrong. G61.1 does not limit feedrate. it allows the machine to feed at your machine rapid speeds. There is a K value that goes with it in percentage. This K value slows the machine down on corners to stop abrupt moves. The video I posted is after I got it to work thanks to the help of Joe788.