Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Rotary Help

xycnc

HELP!!! I am new to programing on 4th axis programing and I need to do this Job. Any help or ideas would be great I really think its not a hard job, I just need pointed in right direction. It is going to be done on a Mazak with a rotary in the X axis. It is the cam action that I am needing help with. Thank you

I hope file uploads

47670-004.MCX-6

Ok new question... I just talked the designer and he said that inventor doesn't draw the cam model correctly. Can anyone maybe help me out to try and get it drawn right? Part rotates 90 degs over a 2 in spread. maybe Im fighting a lost cause here but looking for any help. Maybe I should just try it in Mazatol instead, but I'm trying to learn something also Thanks again

Cory

JParis this looks like what I wanted. Now If you could help me by explaining how you got there? I found rolldie under Chooks but just how you went about creating Geometry. Thank you for your help I really appreciate it. Also am I correct in that I will have to take the toolpath you gave me and then just using 4 axis sub is X?

Thanks again so much

Cory

Ok after messing around a little more I think I kinda figured out what you did. You picked the outside of the slot and then unrolled that geometry. Then you offset that geometry by half to give you a centerline. Then rolled that around to .875 to get your geometry in center. Then used the c-hook roll die. Am I close?

You got it :)

Unrolled, create center line, roll it back up, use rolldie

Also am I correct in that I will have to take the toolpath you gave me and then just using 4 axis sub is X?

4 axis sub?

The Rolldie will create that motion as an Axis Substitution motion, there will be XZA motion because the A will get substituted for the Y So you'll get no Y motion

I "think" that was what you were asking