Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

imort solidworks file with level names

Tim Pruett

Under Settings-Configuration-Converters, select soilds in the solid import section and check the import Solidworks history box.

We have both programs loaded here so I am not sure if it affects it to not have Solidworks installed (never bother to import the history myself as I usually have SW open on another screen)

Without Solidworks installed, you cannot import the history.

Mastercam needs to connect to the SW database to extract that info, if no SW, there's nothing to extract, bodies only

Are you asking for the assembly component names? If so, that is not yet possible in Mastercam X7 but we hope to add that functionality in a future release. You're not the first to ask for it. It would name both the solids in the Mastercam SolidsMgr and it would name the levels that we place each individual file on.

Import Solids History won't help you in this case I'm afraid.