Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

While were on the high feed topic

brandon b

The adjustments he is asking about are right there in the parameters where you set the min/max feed and air cutting feed. On the right side, "up feed rate scale factor/down feed rate scale factor"

If you want to set a default then you will need to set it where happy said. Although I don't see a default setting anywhere in the machine parameters so you may have to look elsewhere.

If you cannot pick finishing, its probably cause your tool is not defined as a finishing tool.

The up and down factor is what I thought it was. I played around with those and nothing changed in my Nc output.

Hmm, seems like you are correct on both issues. I just tried to change the factors and got the same result as well. Never had to change it for mine so I assumed it was that. We all know what assuming does lol. And the finishing I got the same thing. Can't select finishing either. Again I never needed to use that setting as I selected the "operation" I wanted optimized. I have to think that there is a definition somewhere that defines the toolpath as a finish path and it would probably read from that. Sorry I couldn't help you.