Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

True high speed machining

brandon b

I'm guna try those values. Thinking I may need to stay around 200 surface feet tho. I'm not going to be running this job for a few weeks. I want to get this high speed stuff figured out before I start cutting in front of the boss man. (He's old school and doesn't see how this will work out to be faster). I really want to have it work so I don't scare him away from this. 5 ipm sucks!!! Lol

I deal with this everyday. Even after proving that the dynamic toolpaths are better, I still fight the "we've been doing it this way for 30 years" mindset.

Yes and a lot of those companies are no longer in business. Tell them to be happy when that job goes to Malaysia, China, Indonesia, Vietnam or Mexico. That is so funny we are known for our creativity and freedom yet so many are afraid to try to improve and do a better job. Then they are the 1st ones to complain when they loose their job. Is not fair why are they doing this to me. I worked hard making it the same way for 30 years. So what if I could have made in 5 minutes I was happy making it in one hour like I did when I started this job 30 years ago, Them fancy CAM programs and all those solids why do you need that stuff? So what if I need 30 minutes to figure out something you can in 30 seconds I am working hard. Why work smarter you are just crazy. Nope never seen or heard any of that stuff before.

• Like 1