Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Spring passes

MrFish

Anyone know why they dropped the ability to do spring passes when you have an overlap set in the pocket toolpath finish lead in/out.

Had totally forgot that it used to work until I opened up some old proven files today and kept getting the "spring passes not output with lead in/out overlap" warning. These files have the .MCX extension so from memory that was up to X4 ? so it used to work up until X5 I think ?

Mr. Fish , coincidentally I asked [email protected] about it and this was the response:

'

The problem is that the Overlap and the Spring Pass options don't play well together. This combination can and has causes issues in the past that caused parts to be scrapped. So for now it's it prevents the user from selecting these options together. At some point in the future, when time permits we would like to take a closer look at to see if there's a better way to support them.

Regards

Ryan Butt | Quality Control

CNC Software, Inc. | 671 Old Post Road | Tolland, CT 06084 | USA

Phone: 860.875.5006 | Fax: 860.872.1565 | www.mastercam.com

Mr. Fish , coincidentally I asked [email protected] about it and this was the response:

'

The problem is that the Overlap and the Spring Pass options don't play well together. This combination can and has causes issues in the past that caused parts to be scrapped. So for now it's it prevents the user from selecting these options together. At some point in the future, when time permits we would like to take a closer look at to see if there's a better way to support them.

Regards

Ryan Butt | Quality Control

CNC Software, Inc. | 671 Old Post Road | Tolland, CT 06084 | USA

thanks jorges - good to know they are working on it !

Phone: 860.875.5006 | Fax: 860.872.1565 | www.mastercam.com