Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Haas Rotary Parameters

Hello,

Has anyone messed with Haas A-axis parameter no 104 - "In Position Limit"?

I have a HRT160-P1(purchased in 2012) rotary table used on a VM-3 (2008). The factory-set value for parameter 104 was 4000. I had to change it to 21000 (!!!) to get reasonable feedrate for Mastercam-generated 4axis rotary toolpath. With the original 4000 value it ran very very very slow. When tried to increase feed - it was mega-jerking....

I used inverse feed - the max I was able to pull out of it was F200 (with no jerking) - It took about 30 seconds to make one full 360deg rotation - the diameter of the part is 3.07" (78mm).

I tried G187 at P1 (rough), P2 (medium) and P3 (finish) - no noticable effect.

Toolpath tolerance set to 0.0008", filter tolerance to 0.002"

When I changed the mentioned parameter to 21000 (more than 5 times the original value) - the toolpath movement became about 4-5 Times faster with ZERO jerking. It ran perfectly and the SPEED was satisfactory.

My concern is - will the change of this parameter impact the accuracy of the A-axis positioning / table life or any other thing? Has anyone tested this? Maybe someone from HFO or HAAS factory could help me with this on the forum?

Big Thanks in advance.