Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Horizontal 4 Axis HMC

I have first ops running from the top wcs... with subsequent ops from right side...

Using the generic 4 axis hmc and fanuc pst...

I am getting this...

( ROUGH WEB )

T1M6

G0

G90 G54 X1.6293 Y-.9623 B-90. S611 M3

G43

H1 Z6.

Z.516

G1Z.368 F3.66

G3X.9222 Y-.9514 R.5001 F4.89

G2X.5308 Y-1.214 R1.325

G3X.39 Y-1.4293 R.235

G1Y-2.4

G3X.89 Y-2.9 R.5

G0Z6.

M5

G91G28 Z0.

B0.

M01

The B value should be at zero (top wcs) and the B-90 for right side.... (which by the way it does post out).

What am I missing?

I used this same hmc and pst for another multi rotational Makino program and it posted out fine.

A bit baffled... Probably overlooking the obvious.

Thanks for any help.

post-5528-0-10374300-1384271212_thumb.jpg

Bill then you have to decide do you want to run it like a Vertical or a Horizontal. Top is never use on a Horizontal only in Verticals in X. People have hacked posts to make a Vertical set up work on a Horizontal but then you are married to that process moving forward. Machsim and everything else will have not follow that process. Like John said Front is your Starting point and then all rotations from there move forward.

That's the probelm when you have 8 different flavors of machines and any given day scheduling moves a proven program from a VMC to an HMC.

I got it to work by leaving the WCS set at TOP and t/c planes to front and right. Front being the initial B (0) and right going 90.

Probably why I had issues running simulation and my tombstone was set sideways. DOPE

Thanks Ron