Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Having problems with work offsets in transform op

I am programming a hmc from the TOP/FRONT style, I have geometry and tool paths on the FRONT plane in one tool path group for two parts. Each part has its own work offset (G54 and G55). I would now like to run these parts both on B90 as well as B0.

If you look at the attached picture you can see how I've set up my transform parameters. Tool path 1 and 2 are both using G54, tool path 3 is using G55. When I post the transform it creates ONE work offset for B0 and ONE work offset for B90, and what I need is to maintain using two work offsets for B0 and create two NEW work offsets for B90. Changing the "work offset numbering" parameters hasn't yielded any useable results.

While we are on the topic of hmc programming, I am wondering if there is an easier way to program multiple parts on multiple planes in MC, right now I program one part, prove it out and then go onto populating a tombstone. I like to use subs to reduce code so that programs can reside in the NC. So after I program the part I transform the tool paths around accordingly to get what I need, but I have to create a transform for every single tool, this is pain when I have parts with 40 or more tools in them.

post-40824-0-14759400-1385485274_thumb.jpg

post-40824-0-27826000-1385485515_thumb.jpg

My re seller got us a working solution by creating copies of the FRONT and RIGHT views, and associating the work offsets I wanted with each view, and associating the tool paths with the view that contained the work offset I want. But the copies of each view need an a different orgin then the original view in order for it to post correctly, and of course you need to select "match existing offsets stored in named views" in the transform parameters.

I'm happy it works but I am wondering if there is cleaner and more simple method? Are there any guys here programming hmc's with multiple parts on the tombstones?