Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

X-7 "sticky" Parameters

AEP

Quick question for y'all. I program almost exclusively in Lathe. All of the stuff in the parameters page that you would want to retain the previous setting, such as, Coolant, Axis combination, Coordinates, Rpm's, feed rate. None of that "sticks" from operation to operation. But crap like "force a tool change" Stays on forever. It is a giant pain in my butt.. Anyone know if there is a way to change the settings?

If you are using the same thing more often than not then go into the operation defaults and set them inside of the control definition. Then when you go into the typical operations they are all set and ready to go. Now with that said yes I have always noticed when doing main and sub spindle work these things do not stick and you constantly have to tell it right spindle after a transfer operation. It has got better in MU1, but still not to the level I would like to see, but it is improving.

HTH