Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Boring through multi-level plates?

durosemfg

Hello, I have common parts that have two plates at different levels on the Z axis that get a bore through both plates that have to be lined up. Right now, the operators are manually programming this operation to start at the top of one plate - bore through- rapid to the top of the lower plate- and bore through without retracting until it is finished. Is there any way that mastercam can program this so I can take the responsibility and time off the floor? I do not want the boring bar to retract between bores, I want it to do exactly what the operators are programming. Is this possible and how? If it is, I would like to use this method for drilling etc. as well. Thanks!

Point toolpath.

rapid to a point above the 1st hole, feed to a point below the first hole, rapid down to a point above the lower hole, then feed to a point below it, then rapid back up and out.

Don't forget to add the last point, that is your only control over the retract.