Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Tool Library

deacro

I left mine as the old format instead of using the toolsdb format. I just don't see at my current place of employment getting any use or benefits from the new standard. But that's just my opinion and it probably depends a lot on how your machine dept is setup. Where I work mastercam is only used for 2D work and having the tool library setup that advanced is of no benefit. But now if you used MC as your 3d software as well and not a third party software then probably would use the new format. We use work nc for our 3D surface machining and the tool library is more defined for that purpose to be tailored around the machine and tooling of the machine that the part is being run at in the shop.