Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Inventor dwg idw

Kaiser Soze

When importing a Inventor dwg (not a AutoCAD dwg) I only get the title block and the dimensions. The part geometry is not imported. When importing a Inventor idw all the hidden arcs come in as faceted circles. not a true circle just a bunch of short straight lines. I don't want to save as a AutoCAD dwg because it breaks the link with the Inventor ipt solid model. We use Autodesk Vault and it is a pain to save into AutoCAD then into Vault. If a solid model is changed the Inventor idw or dwg will also change. If we have to save as an AutoCAD dwg then the link is broken. If anyone has a fix for this I will tell everyone you are the smartest person on earth and owe you a Beer.

MCX7 with solids

Thanks Dan

"...If anyone has a fix for this I will tell everyone you are the smartest person on earth and owe you a Beer...."

Pick me! Pick me!

It sounds very much like something we've fixed in X7 Mu2 - which is really close to being officially released.

If you can send me one of the drawings I can check it out here. Or you can ask your reseller to check it out.