Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Stock Not Regenerating

crev64

Hey all,

I am using Mastercam X6 and I keep having the same problem with my stock. I will go through and set my stock, show it on the screen to make sure its in the right place. But if I change it and then go to simulate my program, the simulated stock won't change. I tried repaint and regenerate but the stock still won't move.

An example from today is that my stock was a cylinder that was .999 in diameter and 9.75 long. Initially, I had made it so that my stock was centered on the X axis. I later tried to change it so that the top of my stock touched the x axis. When I went to simulate, my stock was still centered around the X axis. I can't get a good look at my program if my stock isn't in the correct place when I simulate. I also tried exiting mastercam and coming back but it doesn't help. Anyone else have this problem?

Thanks,

Crev64

if I use the machine group properties and set the stock up there then go into the backplot/verify options and use the stock setup, I have no problems. but if I only use the backplot/verify options then I seem to loose the stock if I exit verify.

I always use the machine group properties and verify program, then save stock as stl. I don't have any problems that way. you can then transform/rotate stl for other operations.