Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

4 axis simultaneous motion only

our Mori NV-5000 is a 5th axis trunion, but only 4 axis’s can move at any one time. What I was wondering is, is there a way of telling the post that only four axis’s can move at any one time?

I'm really just looking for a yes or no answer. I don't want to waste a bunch of time looking how to do this, when it's not possible, or if it would take a bunch of post re-writing.

Thanks all.

OK, so now my issue is that I am limited to the Y+ direction, and when I set the Travel limits in the machine definition and in the post, it's just ignored and moves to Y+5.0 anyway. Why is this not forcing my -B- axis to reposition to keep the move inside it's travel limits?

Neither one of those methods prevent the -Y- axis from moving past it's defined limits.

What am I missing :unsure:

post-1192-0-83297600-1396536427_thumb.jpg

post-1192-0-15664400-1396536482_thumb.jpg

Hi Ray,

The travel limits inside the Machine Definition file are not "hooked up" to the Post Processor. The Generic Fanuc 5X Mill post from CNC Software only has Rotary travel limits. There is no "linear" limit that can be set to restrict output.

The best you are going to get is the 'mi10$' switch in the toolpath that can temporarily restrict the secondary rotary axis. So for example, you could set it to only allow negative rotation on the secondary, and that would force the rotary to the negative side.