Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Mastercam 9 tool list in Mastercam X7

sziget

We use Mastercam x7 now but the tool list for our machinists with Mastercam 9 was much better to read for them. On one page they could see the tools and the graphics which was good. Does anyone know if it is possible to have the same tool list layout in Mastercam x7? We do not need the several pages one where one tool is one page (I found that option but it is not what I am looking for). I attached a file here: the first page is the Mastercam x7 simple tool list without graphics and the second page is the Mastercam 9 tool list layout what I am looking for in Mastercam x7. Please help!

MCX7.PDF

We use Mastercam x7 now but the tool list for our machinists with Mastercam 9 was much better to read for them. On one page they could see the tools and the graphics which was good. Does anyone know if it is possible to have the same tool list layout in Mastercam x7? We do not need the several pages one where one tool is one page (I found that option but it is not what I am looking for). I attached a file here: the first page is the Mastercam x7 simple tool list without graphics and the second page is the Mastercam 9 tool list layout what I am looking for in Mastercam x7. Please help!

You are referring to the <dot>SET sheet,...

You can change the setup sheet in the system config.

Open a "new" file in McamX7

Go to setting drop down and launch the system config

Go to the topic for "toolpaths" (second from the bottom)

Lower center of the page "Setup Sheet Program"

use the drop down to select the <dot>SET

save the config and when you use the setup sheet in the ops manager it will use the default <dot>SET file

If you were using a custom <dot>SET file in McamV9, that can be updated to McamX7 the same as updating a post processor.

If you are using a custom <dot>SET sheet, that would need to be associated to your control def file