Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

tool number bug when posting

Rick46

When paths are imported for new geo, or paths are already done but are run on a different machine than they were pathed for this sometimes requires changing of the tool number for the machine. I go into my tool parameters page and edit the tool to make the necessary changes to the tool numbers or I simply edit the tool itself under the parameters tab on the toolpath itself. when I make these changes using one of the two ways described a regen of the operation is not required and I post the path and run it no problems. Since I have been using X7 mu2 myself along with other seats of MC are having the following problem. when a tool number is change its is reflected on the tool parameters page and the tool tab on the path itself but when the said path is posted it posts the tool number that was previously used when the tool path was originally created or with the imported operation. In order to fix this problem I have to regenerate the path to get it to post the correct tool number in my NC code. If this is not known about to check for this when posting code it can cause a crash or ruin the part if it cut with the wrong tool number and left running unattended at night plus the long regen time it takes to get the tool path to take the correct tool number when it is changed. Is this a know bug that is being addressed or have I stumbled onto something new. it happens on every seat of MC at work and can be repeated. unfortunately Im not at work right now to take screen shots of this but hopefully my explanation can be understood clearly enough.  thanks in advance.