Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Back feed motion in dynamic milling

Pitka_Guru

post-54061-0-04522600-1408576867_thumb.jpg

Just watching a webinar from Inhouse's about new features in X8. 

I've noticed when dynamic milling on a part shape similar to this one,  that my feed move is quite smooth but the back feed movement stutters like crazy. Mainly on the first passes from the outside of the part where it has to get back to the starting point by making a near 90 degree turn. Has anyone noticed this? I've avoided this by telling the tool to retract when avoiding a boundary but it seems silly that I should need to do that.

Your filter is on? Can you reshoot that screen shot and have points displayed too? I'm curious.

Also, that first pass offset and feed reduction is a great add-on. It still will over-engage when morphing 90 deg corners, but this helps with some of it. I like to experiment and push the f&s to the limits, and the first pass was always the limit.

I completely missed these posts. My min TP radius is usually 10 - 20 % of the tool. Its smooth in most areas except where I mentioned previously. I'm trying to work out if this is a HAAS problem or Mastercam.

Chris, do you notice anything like this on your HAAS' and what post are you running? I'm wondering if my post and control def settings could be the culprit here? I'm using an edited version of Mpfan.