Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Stock definition in verify

Michael Reynolds

You need Mastercam V8.1.

It's really quite easy, and it works great.

You need a surface file of your stock definition (lets say, it represents a casting).

Save the file as an IGES file (or stl, but IGES is much more efficient).

When you go to Verify, go to the Parameters page, and there is a new button called File (underneath the Rectangle and Cylinder buttons). Click on this, then browse to select the .igs file that represents your stock. Bingo. Enjoy.

If you have True Solid turned on, you can click on the stl button at any time, and save the verification to that point as an stl file, then use this as your stock definition on subsequent operations.

The new Verify really does rock.

Hi gang,

Im trying to use your ideas on iges or stl files for verify, but I am running into a snag. When I try to use either one of these files I am only getting half of my part. It should be a complete round. Is there something I am doing wrong?

Thanks in advance for your help!

John Lovell

Sorry about that Biss03, I just got back to my 'puter. I was beating my head against the wall trying to define a round part in the job set up, and I never found it. But in Verify, you just click the "cylinder" radio button on the top left hand corner of the box, it's that easy. I was just looking in the wrong place. To the best of my knowledge, you can't define round stock in the job set up, though.

Sorry for the delay!

Mike R.