Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

F@gor 8055 Tool Change Errors

Thee Awbade™

So We recently had a machine problem here with the hydraulic cylinder on the Z Axis. We got that problem solved but now anytime we try to change tools with our automatic tool-changer (A Axis). When we command to change tools, the controller pops up with error message "CNC: 3864 Tool magazine in emergency" 

At this point we've checked:

air pressure

Reference searched tool changer axis

any signs of stutter or stoppage on the tool changer

restarted machine.

I've searched the internet for my error code, but it doesn't exist. not even in any of the xxxxor manuals.

Really need to get this machine up and running pronto so any ideas or suggestions, i'm glad to try out.

Here's a photo of the error code. 

20140903_143057_zps8a9a0b12.jpg

The hydraulic cylinder on the Z Axis kind of gave it away as a DMS. Is it a 5 axis with a carousel tool changer? Still, I would definitely call DMS tomorrow their Service number is 855.266.5063 just make sure to have the serial number of the machine on hand and I'm sure they will help you out. Let us know what you find out.

Yeah it is a carousel tool changer. I'll be giving them a call tomorrow to hopefully solve this. We thought maybe it was the sensors on the servo bar for the A Axis but after messing with those we've learned that we just don't know what we're doing, best to leave it to the advice of pro's tomorrow morning. I'll update y'all with what I find out

Can you cycle through the tool change by M code to see what part of the tool change is causing the code.

If you know the machines password you can unhide the oem sub routine to find the codes that the machine uses to do a tool change.

Just a thought.

If I remember the 8055 will show all the code for the tool change on screen as it's executed. But from his screen shot the machine is alarmed out before the tool change. This leads me to believe that it's a mechanical issue. Did the machine try and place a tool in a tool pocket with a tool already in it? Because if it did there is a good chance the carousel motor shaft is bent.