Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

MASTERCAM AND WIRE EDM

DUM1

just wondering how great mastercam does with wire edm we currently use esprit for just the wire work and i would like to use mastercam i use mastercam on everything else the guy that got the wire in was sold on esprit but i am sure that mastercam works great just want to hear some feed back

just wondering how great mastercam does with wire edm we currently use esprit for just the wire work and i would like to use mastercam i use mastercam on everything else the guy that got the wire in was sold on esprit but i am sure that mastercam works great just want to hear some feed back

Mastercam will do the job for Wire EDM  but for 4 axis work the geometry needs to be manipulated and as I said before it is a much better CAD system. Mastercam does very well for 2D and taper and land cuts.

Esprit is far superior in bringing in solid files and programming the Wire EDM. Especially when the geometry in non planar. I don't like the cad side of Esprit at all.

I have been using both and now thinking of using Mastercam when I need to draw parts myself and then bring them into Esprit  to program.

• Like 2