Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Stock advance Misc operation

Using the Generic Fanuc 2x lathe post and the spindle doesn't turn back on after using the stock advance misc operation? For some reason I can't figure out the logic needed to get the spindle back on.

Any ideas?

It's a post I've modified myself to get what our operators are used to, but I've also tried an unmolested copy of the post and it doesn't turn on so I know it's not something I've done.

Part only has 1 tool and I'm using the shank of it to bump the part against, then I part it off with same tool so there's no tool changing. Maybe this is the problem? I'd rather figure this out on my own (or get some help) then ask my reseller because the last time I asked them to modify a post it was worse than what I gave them, and took weeks to get it close to where I had it.

I have not yet. I was hoping to get to that yesterday afternoon, but the time wasn't there. I hope to this mornin.

I've used the manual entry before to do this, but with programming being slow this would be the time to work on a few things. I use stock advance more than the other misc. operations and since the post has the feature I figured I should get it working correctly. If I check force tool change on the part-off operation after the stock advance the spindle turns on, so I just need to find out how to reset the *spindle_1 parameter so it will pick up the last direction used if I use the current tool as a bump stop.

Hopefully it'll come to me someday.