Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Tool manager problem

Rick46

Im having issues inside the tool manager when I go to edit my tool library. Im trying to delete some tools that are not used anymore in our shop from the tool library and when I select delete it prompts me like always but when it goes to delete the tool from the library it pops up an error message un able to delete the tool. is there a different way to approach this than from the tool manager inside mastercam or is this a bug in  X7 MU2 Mill Level 3. thanks for any help in advance.

I jumped from X6 to X8 (and back to X6) but I always edit my libraries (tools and ops) by clicking Files in the machine group properties in the toolpath manager. Click the "!" next to the tool library. Make your edits in there and exit. The library will automatically be saved on exit. Check the time/date to confirm.

I jumped from X6 to X8 (and back to X6) but I always edit my libraries (tools and ops) by clicking Files in the machine group properties in the toolpath manager. Click the "!" next to the tool library. Make your edits in there and exit. The library will automatically be saved on exit. Check the time/date to confirm.

I have tried both from the tool manager and then next to the tool library "!" edit option and get the same message in both areas. I will find out Monday the exact message but it boils down to not letting me complete the delete function and I have just been creating new tool librarys from old ones to work around this for now. but would like to get figured out if its a permissions setting or a mastercam bug.I didn't have this problem in X6 just discovered it in X7 in last few months since our company has finally made the transition over to X7. thanks for the info.

• 5 weeks later...

its been a while since I have had time to address this issue any further but I get the message in a pop up window titled " Tool Libraries Error " Tool could not be deleted. then allows me to hit ok and go on. I get this result in any random tool library, using the various methods available of deleting said tools and on any of the machines running X7 mu2. I have deleted tools before in previous versions no problem but X7 is a no go. I currently leave the unwanted tool and edit it when I add a new tool to my library since it cannot be deleted or if creating a new library I save all the needed tool and create a whole new library..any ideas on this greatly appreciated.

• 7 months later...

updating to X8 fixed the troubles I was having with the tool manager in X7 not deleting tools. Im assuming this is a bug in X7.. Mastercam QC would have to confirm that one as I don't know for sure. just happy it was fixed when updated to X8.  HTH...