Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Machines small (forbidden) pockets in X8 OptiRest

Maclaw

Hi Gentlemen,

I came up wih an issue while machining with OptiRest in X8. The thing is that it machines a very small slot (pocket) when it is not supposed to. The slot is only 9.5mm wide (it is very long though - but this shouldn't matter - the smallest dimension should be taken into account).

I put 22 mm under  "Cut parameters" -> "Transitions" -> "Skip pockets smaller than".

Besides that that the "entry method" is "Helix only" which should mean that engaging a closed pocket/area shouldn't be posible thru profile or medial ramp - and this is what Mastercam is doing with my toolpath... Why? Is something wrong with MC...? ...or is it me......?

If I'm wrong - please lighten my mind...

Thanks very much in advance.

post-45389-0-80463600-1414450875_thumb.jpg

You're going to need to send this into QC and get an answer from them

It respects the length but not the width....

Length of the slot is 116mm, set the smallest pocket to 125, it stays out but it also stays out of the other pocket as well.....build a quick flat boundary surface over the small slot and call it done

2014-10-28_7-23-07_zpsf4999d84.jpg