Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

problem of rotate the toolpath drawing

yestwp

hi all,

i get a problem of using MCX7 while i am trying to rotate a drawing.

i use the menu(xform---rotate--select all drawing, move, and input the degree)

i find that it's normal after i rotate 90degree, but it will get a shorten distance with 2 toolpath more than that.

to be easy for understand what i am talking about, i post all the files here.

if you get any idea about this, please tell me.

any help will be much appreciated.

post-49067-0-23684700-1415110660_thumb.jpg

NORMAL.MCX-7

90DEGREEISOK.MCX-7

180DEGREEISNOTOK.MCX-7

post-49067-0-85547900-1415110701_thumb.jpg

270DEGREEISNOTOK.MCX-7

Are you trying to rotate a file or transform a tool path to all locations?

i am trying to rotate the toolpath. but after i rotate it, i find that the distances between the two toolpath change sometime.

so i want to know what's wrong with my action.

i use  Mastercam X7.  menu---Xform---Rotate command.

you can down load the file  NORMAL.MCX-7 and the 180DEGREEISNOTOK.MCX-7  above.

it's so different between the two of them.

thank you.

It seems yestwp is seeing the tool driving on the opposite side of the chain.    As he mentioned -0 and 90 are identical, 180 and 270 are the opposite.  Apparently this happens when you rotate the part or transform with this tool path.    Sorry no answer - Swept 2D?.  Haven't been there - Hopefully the experts can help out.

If I understand you right, you have a 2D Swept path, you are trying to use tranform rotate to rotate the toolpath, When you do, they are coming out different

Try this setting in the transform

2014-11-06_7-17-27_zps87172235.jpg

2014-11-06_7-19-08_zps14b099fe.jpg

The reason it's happening, the settings of the part geometry Left/Right are changing, if you made the actual paths without rotation you would see you needed to use different setting in the paths to get them to cut properly, so in transform rotate, the initial setting is to use geometry, so it tries to use your geometry settings, and on this path it will be a problem, so by switching it to NCI, you're now using the numbers inside the NCI file and it is those that are being rotated.  On most transform rotates, the geometry setting works perfectly fine but there are some toolpaths and that will need to use the NCI option

hth

I took your file and rotated manually the geometry and re-chained to cut in the same manner as yours, notice the different setting to get the same cut motion.  That is why the Geometry option on this path will fail

2014-11-06_8-09-55_zpsa924a67f.jpg

If I understand you right, you have a 2D Swept path, you are trying to use tranform rotate to rotate the toolpath, When you do, they are coming out different

Try this setting in the transform

2014-11-06_7-17-27_zps87172235.jpg

2014-11-06_7-19-08_zps14b099fe.jpg

The reason it's happening, the settings of the part geometry Left/Right are changing, if you made the actual paths without rotation you would see you needed to use different setting in the paths to get them to cut properly, so in transform rotate, the initial setting is to use geometry, so it tries to use your geometry settings, and on this path it will be a problem, so by switching it to NCI, you're now using the numbers inside the NCI file and it is those that are being rotated.  On most transform rotates, the geometry setting works perfectly fine but there are some toolpaths and that will need to use the NCI option

hth

I took your file and rotated manually the geometry and re-chained to cut in the same manner as yours, notice the different setting to get the same cut motion.  That is why the Geometry option on this path will fail

thank you very much.

it's the key point.