Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Weird Contouring Issue!

slyym

Can someone take a look at this for me. Not sure If its an X8 issue or if I did something. When I backplot the 2 operations with endpoints on it looks normal to me but when I post them its not posting arcs like it should its doing it in small line segments. Operation 1 is leaving .01 stock on the walls, If I change that to .0 it will post fine. Really weird issue here that I have never seen before.

Contour Issue.Z2G

You shouldn't need any arc filtering with your geometry so I turned it off but still had the same results you said.  I changed my stock to leave to ".0105" and the code posted out correctly. 

It is caused by the arc error checking in the control def.  If you turn off "End point checks" the code will generate fine even with your ".010" stock to leave.  Not sure whether this is a bug because the end point checks are there to prevent code being sent to the machine that could result in a crash. 

You might want to send this to CNC and have them check it out.