Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Dr watson error

Tony

Hello

I am running vs.8.1

I recently have lost two files when I went to save them. In that nano second before

I get prompted to save to etc.I get DRwatson error:Stackoverflow(0x00000fd),address0x005a4487

Whatever, The file is 0kb when I reboot.

I thought it was a fluke but after working on the same file around the 6th save it did it again.

it is a small file i am extending surfaces

so i can run the cutter past my needed burn depth.Some surfaces get weird and dont line up with each other by alot (usually i just toggle gap keep tool down) but here i was

extending,create curve edge,ruled surface.

Is there a better way like a cut extension?

I am cutting with surf parallel.

I just put in the latest surf/machapp patch 3/16 Why not maybe that will fix it!ha..

Thanks Tony

I'll try again and this time save to a floppy and pull it out after each sucsseful save!!!Stone age!

Saving to a floppy

• Like 1

I have never lost anything (0kb)

I have been at it since version 6.

I think I figured it out.Bad geometry, I couldnt see it but when i picked the same line/curve it would crash.When analayzing

the Model With Solidworks.It comes up with a .007 interference warning!?!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

Detonator Driver! eek.gif That sounds like something I want to put in my computer. biggrin.gif

Just kidding wink.gif That just "sounded really funny" (Detonator Drivers).

------------------

James Meyette ;)

Tony you asked "Is there a better way like a cut extension?I am cutting with surf parallel." Try in your Gap Setting's setting the Motion to Smooth, on the same page try adding a Tangential Arc Radius to "extend" the toolpath. If you use finish contour, depending on the electrode, you could setup some depth limits and the tool will contour past your last surfaces vertically to a set depth.

Hope this helps.

Ambassador

[This message has been edited by Ambassador (edited 04-14-2001).]