Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Merge files

Columbo™

Hi guys,

I thought I did this in the past but I could be mistaken....

Is there a way to merge a file WITH toolpath with another WITH toolpath in X8?

I need to use toolpath from both files....... It is the same part, just rotated 180 degrees. The part was two separate operations and I am trying to merge it into one WITHOUT cut and paste.... (still trying to prove out our new posts)

Thanks

If I understand you right, you could export one of the toolpaths from one file then import it into the other. Right click the toolpath you want to export-->select "Export"--> save it where you want using the file name you want--> open the file you want to import it to--> right click in the operations manager and select "import"-->navigate to the file and select it. There are a few other hoops you have to jump through along the way but thats the jist of it.

You could also just import the toolpaths directly from the file you wanted, (in the import dialog - make sure to change file type to MCX) there should be no reason to have to export to an intermediary file.

If you check the copy operations geometry you should get that as well.. although you may want to test a bit to figure out what levels the geometry will be imported to... otherwise you could end up with it all on one level.. or on the same level as existing stuff.