Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Tools not displaying

Rick46

Our company has just recently upgraded to X8 update 3. we have been using tools-6,tool-7 file extensions for our tool library's up until now. now that our tool libraries have been converted to toolsdb extensions for tool database the tools no longer show up in the tool manager when I choose tools only in the display mode. If I select assemblies or both they show up but tools display only they disappear. Anyone have a solution for this or should I just save them all to a new library and start fresh. On another note the tool library mill inch that is installed by default with mastercam does not have this problem. just our custom tool libraries that we have made over the years.  thanks in advance.

Rick your tool libraries should have been in tool database format for use in McamX7. 

McamX6 was the last version that supported tool-version libraries.

You might need to go back to the McamX6 tools-6 file convert that into a tool database then move it forward.

Rick your tool libraries should have been in tool database format for use in McamX7. 

McamX6 was the last version that supported tool-version libraries.

You might need to go back to the McamX6 tools-6 file convert that into a tool database then move it forward.

actually X7 supported it as our whole shop is using it in that format right now for we have not fully switched to using X8 shop wide. Just got installed last week and everyone is still trying to get it setup how they like and what not. but the tool manager is something everyone is complaining about so Im trying to find a cure. There is a setting in the advanced mastercam configuration in the control panel to enable the use of tool-7 extensions rather than the toolsdb. but not in X8.

This is the tree format I see in my X8 Tool manager.

Do you see something similar?  I have selected the 'cutting tools' on the left to get the tools to the right side.

Andy.

I am seeing the old tool manager that I access via the toolpath tool parameters page or the tool manage from the drop down menu under the toolpaths tab in mastercam. I messed with that tool manager in X7 that you have a pic of and couldn't or didn't have the time I should say to figure it out so I stuck with what I new worked.