Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

X8 stock model export from verify issue

maestro

Using X8 these days and liking the new features. One thing I am having an issue with is saving the stock out of verify. The quality of the stl file seems to be very lacking now. I have played with various settings to no avail. I usually use the stock model feature, but the project I am working on is a rather complex and large aerospace part,and at a certain point, it gets difficult to get the stock model feature to work. Is there a secret to getting a clean stl file from verify in X8, or is this just something we have to deal with I the new verify?

After days of messing with Stock model I finally watched a Youtube video and found where to export your stock model as an STL without doing it from verify.

Why this feature could not be on the stock model page I haven't a clue....but right click on the stock model and go up to Mill tool paths at the top and access that pull down menu.

There you will find where to export your stock model as an STL without doing it from verify.

Using this will keep the file size down.

However beware...there are issues with stock model when it comes to creating your stock model from NCI's using multiple tool planes.