Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

arc filter issues.

brandon b

Say I chain the periphery on my part.( the shape looks like a skateboard deck)..

I didn't notice that my arc\filter tolerance was set to .01" how much can it undercut the part?

question 2:

does back plot show the path with the filter or is that apply in the posting of the program?

Say I chain the periphery on my part.( the shape looks like a skateboard deck)..

I didn't notice that my arc\filter tolerance was set to .01" how much can it undercut the part?

question 2:

does back plot show the path with the filter or is that apply in the posting of the program?

I am pretty sure the filter won't do anything if there is nothing to filter.

and the back plot should show the filter.

The filter smooths out rough edges/surfaces...if your skateboard is 2 lines and 2 arcs....I don't think it will do anything.

If the lines on your skateboard are wavy....then it will try to straighten out the waviness by plotting a curve down the center of the deviation where the total distance will be .01. So maybe the final path ends up plus .005 in some areas as minus .005 in others.

To demonstrate this use the Ras2vec.dll...chook on a skateboard boundary you freehand with your mouse in paint.

Most raster images come in jagged. Play with the filter tolerance when you make a cut on an edge and you will have your answer.

I use the filter alot for surface finish toolpaths. Usually just set the total to like a thou or 2.. and about .01 for roughing. Also tell it to create arcs. Never had it set to .01 on a periphery cut before.

I only use it to make the code smaller For some of the old fadals and anilams

I don't understand which is your problem in specific.

I think your part present different face all along the trajectory. (in spanish facetado)

is it true?

if is true, I think your part no is native the mastercam. Your drawing is native a CAD software. For example solidworks, Inventor etc.

If your piece be drew in Cad software

could you optimize the drawing before export a master-cam.