Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Another Corrupt File

Müřlıń®

Heads up.....I was creating surfs from solids and saving frequently and my file became corrupted.

Good thing I have backup saves set to 50.

Had to go back 4 saves to find the last good file.

One save completely locks down Mastercam and none of the tool paths will regenerate...

I noticed the corrupt file when I went to verify a tool path and got this error message.

Checked all surfaces and my solid work piece and found zero errors.

I am saving the corrupt files to a folder should anyone at CNC want to review them.

I deleted all the surfaces I had made...even the blanked ones and could not get the message to go away.

Lost 3 hrs of work...

EDIT:    This file is a solid I made from surfaces from Catia....don't know if that has anything to do with it or not...I have experiences problems with models from Catia in the past.

• Like 1

To be fair, that was a ridiculous situation to troubleshoot.   I wouldn't call it user error.

For anyone playing along at home, Murlin was seeing that entity ID#194464 was causing a problem.   To help him out, I used Analyze > Number/Database > Number, and then I typed in that number.  That let me view what it is (trimmed lofted surface) and what level it was on (in this case, 45).  So I turned off everything but level 45.  

post-12334-0-94760200-1424384240_thumb.jpg

Now, I used Analyze > Surface/Solids > Test Surfaces, turned on all the options and selected all on level 45 (either use the Select All function or just hit CTRL+A in the graphics screen).  I got a warning that there were two small surfaces.  The previous screen said small surfaces had less than .0001 of surface area!   I told it to change the color of them to something else.  I hit Okay to everything else.

So, to see what these surfaces were, I used "select ALL > ", and then did Screen > Hide, and I saw what looked like a little tiny line when I hit "Fit".   I selected all of that color and deleted them.

Those two surfaces were too small to triangulate, so that's why it was popping up that error (and working perfectly fine).

It was a result of trimming/manipulating those surfaces.

• Like 3