Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

MCX post needs editing

I have a different issue that I can't seem to work out. I am trying to edit the Genric Fanuc 4 x vmc post to work with some of our older machines. We have MasterCam X and had been running V9. The version 9 post works great, we had to do the upgrade on our computers and V9 does not work for us any more. I have been trying to get a post to post the Z axis feed rates with an "E" instead of an " F". X and Y feed rates use "F". We have done the post update and could never get it to post correctly. So I started with a version X post and the only thing left to correct is the Z feed rate. I have tried the same edit we did in the V9 post but posts every feed rate as an "E" and a "D" ( c axis feed rate) but  no "F".  I have not attached any files, not sure what someone needs to look at. Let me know what files would be helpful.

Thank you

Thanks JParis,
I am not sure about the associated text file, is that a nc program from that post? I bit more clarification from me about the updated V9 post, when run in version X the e feed rate is posted correctly, we are having trouble with drill cycles , the parameters get jumbled up and put out of order and can not get it to post correctly. I had tried to get help from our reseller and their fix looked the same as ours and getting many error codes. I decided to start with a version X generic post this time, and it post the drill cycles perfect, mill feeds are good except the "Z" feed rate posting a "F".  The "X" version is setup with the editing I copied from the "V9" post for the "Z" feed rate with "E".  I have attached the New MCX post along with the control and mmd plus the version 9 post that works and a copy of each nc file.

Thanks agian

Posts.zip

I can't do it in X....

I updated it to X8 to see if I can figure out what's up and you can the logic fails.

pfr          #Output feedrate
              if ?                                  , pfeedz #Z feedrate
#CNC<<ORIGINAL>>              if ?                                  , pfeedz #Z feedrate
#CNC<<MSG-ERROR(1261)>> The formula/boolean failed (general message)
#CNC<<ORIGINAL>>              if (pxout = 0 & pyout = 0 & pzout = 1), pfeedz #Z feedrate
#CNC<<MSG-ERROR(1261)>> The formula/boolean failed (general message), , Label has not been defined[*35], The formula/boolean failed (general message), , Label has not been defined[*47]
#CNC<<MSG-ERROR(1261)>> The formula/boolean failed (general message), , Label has not been defined[*59]
              if ?                                              , pfeedc  # C feedrate
#CNC<<ORIGINAL>>              if ?                                              , pfeedc  # C feedrate
#CNC<<MSG-ERROR(1267)>> The formula/boolean failed (general message)
#CNC<<ORIGINAL>>              if (pxout = 0 & pyout = 0 & pzout = 0 & pcout = 1), pfeedc  # C feedrate
#CNC<<MSG-ERROR(1265)>> The formula/boolean failed (general message), , Label has not been defined[*35], The formula/boolean failed (general message), , Label has not been defined[*47]
#CNC<<MSG-ERROR(1265)>> The formula/boolean failed (general message), , Label has not been defined[*59], The formula/boolean failed (general message), , Label has not been defined[*71]
              if zfeedonly <> 1 & cfeedonly <> 1, feed   # if C axis or Z axis feed not output
              zfeedonly = 0
              cfeedonly = 0
             pxout
#CNC<<ORIGINAL>>             pxout = 0
#CNC<<MSG-ERROR(1272)>> Label type and operator are not valid, The post block output type processing has failed!, , Label was expected but was not found[*36], Illegal character(s) encountered
             pyout
#CNC<<ORIGINAL>>             pyout = 0
#CNC<<MSG-ERROR(1275)>> Label type and operator are not valid, The post block output type processing has failed!, , Label was expected but was not found[*36], Illegal character(s) encountered
             pcout
#CNC<<ORIGINAL>>             pcout = 0
#CNC<<MSG-ERROR(1278)>> Label type and operator are not valid, The post block output type processing has failed!, , Label was expected but was not found[*36], Illegal character(s) encountered
             pzout
#CNC<<ORIGINAL>>             pzout = 0
#CNC<<MSG-ERROR(1281)>> Label type and operator are not valid, The post block output type processing has failed!, , Label was expected but was not found[*36], Illegal character(s) encountered

Let me see if I can figure out what's going on and at least give you an idea what needs doing

This is just a snippet of what was going on in that vintage post

It's unlike anything I've seen before, you have some kind of different application going on there

Executable          : MP 8.10

Looking at the initials in the file, my best guess is Jim Evans wrote this 14 years ago.....
pfxout        #Force X axis output
              @xabs, @xinc
              if (absinc = 0 & gcode <> 0 & xabs <> prv_xabs), xout = 1
              if (absinc = 1 & gcode <> 0 & xinc <> prv_xinc), xout = 1
              if absinc = zero, *xabs, !xinc
              else, *xinc, !xabs

pxout         #X output
              @xabs, @xinc
              if (absinc = 0 & gcode <> 0 & xabs <> prv_xabs), xout = 1
              if (absinc = 1 & gcode <> 0 & xinc <> prv_xinc), xout = 1
              if absinc = zero, xabs, !xinc
              else, xinc, !xabs

pfyout        #Force Y axis output
              @yabs, @yinc
              if (absinc = 0 & gcode <> 0 & yabs <> prv_yabs), yout = 1
              if (absinc = 1 & gcode <> 0 & yinc <> prv_yinc), yout = 1
              if absinc = zero, *yabs, !yinc
              else, *yinc, !yabs

pyout         #Y output
              @yabs, @yinc
              if (absinc = 0 & gcode <> 0 & yabs <> prv_yabs), yout = 1
              if (absinc = 1 & gcode <> 0 & yinc <> prv_yinc), yout = 1
              if absinc = zero, yabs, !yinc
              else, yinc, !yabs

pfzout        #Force Z axis output
              @zabs, @zinc
              if (absinc = 0 & gcode <> 0 & zabs <> prv_zabs), zout = 1
              if (absinc = 1 & gcode <> 0 & zinc <> prv_zinc), zout = 1
              if absinc = zero, *zabs, !zinc
              else, *zinc, !zabs

pzout         #Z output
              @zabs, @zinc
              if (absinc = 0 & gcode <> 0 & zabs <> prv_zabs), zout = 1
              if (absinc = 1 & gcode <> 0 & zinc <> prv_zinc), zout = 1
              if absinc = zero, zabs, !zinc
              else, zinc, !zabs

pfcout        #Force C axis output 
              if index = zero, pcout2

pfcout2       #Force C axis output
              @cabs, cinc
              if (absinc = 0 & gcode <> 0 & cabs <> prv_cabs), cout = 1
              if (absinc = 1 & gcode <> 0 & cinc <> prv_cinc), cout = 1
              if absinc = zero, *cabs
              else, *cinc

pcout         #C axis output
              if index = zero, pcout2

pcout2        #C axis output
              @cabs, @cinc
              if (absinc = 0 & gcode <> 0 & cabs <> prv_cabs), cout = 1
              if (absinc = 1 & gcode <> 0 & cinc <> prv_cinc), cout = 1
              if absinc = zero, cabs, !cinc
              else, cinc, !cabs

Looks like it may be time to update so you can get some reseller assistance on this one...

Thanks for looking, about updating, it is much cheaper to set up some computers running XP and keep using V9. We tried to get help from our reseller back when we bought the software, no luck, they just stop answering our emails and our phone calls. I did most of the editing to get it to work by trial and error over the years.  So I don't think we would get any better help by updating our software.

Thanks for looking, about updating, it is much cheaper to set up some computers running XP and keep using V9. We tried to get help from our reseller back when we bought the software, no luck, they just stop answering our emails and our phone calls. I did most of the editing to get it to work by trial and error over the years.  So I don't think we would get any better help by updating our software.

Good luck with that, but see it time and time again. Happy with what gets it done. Thanks for sharing that I learned a different way to do things I had never seen before.