Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Rotated views for X6

Luke.Hicks430

This is a general user interface question.

I am working on a part where the 3rd op has the part standing on end.

What I want to do is use the same model as the other 2 ops in the same Mastercam file.

I rotated my view about the Y-axis 90 deg. This way when I hit [alt]+[1] I get a top view of when the part is standing on end.

The problem is when I try to navigate my view with my mouse (aka, rotate to look at my part using button 3 or scroll wheel)

The view jumps back to the original TOP WCS view.

Is there a way or a setting to make this not happen? 

Thank you,

I have a somewhat related question regarding interface.  90% of the time my middle mouse wheel works perfectly for dynamic rotation.  However, it will occasionally get locked to one axis such as the WCS Y and then will only rotate about that one axis.  I have now clue how I'm activating that if I am but the only way I can get it to go away is to close Mcam and open it back up.  Any suggestions?